To comply with the Landlord and Tenant Act and the rental agreement a tenant should:
• abide by the lawful terms of the rental agreement and the reasonable rules established by the landlord;
• pay the rent on time;
• be considerate of other tenants;
• keep the premises clean and safe;
• remove snow and ice from leased premises
• dispose of garbage and other waste in a clean and safe manner;
• prevent damage to the premises;
• replace or repair anything destroyed or damaged by accident or carelessness on the part of the tenant or the tenant’s
• make sure the unit’s smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are working by testing them periodically and changing the batteries as needed
• give adequate notice before moving;
• move out when the rental agreement ends;
• clear the premises of possessions when moving out.
A $618 million expansion proposal for the Port of Nome would roughly double the length of the port’s west causeway, seen here with a vessel moored, and add a nearly 1,400-foot breakwater with three large vessel docks in deep water. The project is a step closer toward happening after the Corps of Engineers approved the plan on June 1. (Photo/Courtesy/US Army Corps of Engineers)
The 2020 American Water Infrastructure Act passed out of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee May 11 containing language directing Corps leaders to expedite approval of the Nome project.
Check your credit report for accuracy; correcting errors can significantly improve your credit score.
Normally, you’re entitled to get one free copy of your credit report from each credit bureau every year via AnnualCreditReport.com. During the pandemic however, you can get free weekly online credit reports from the AnnualCreditReport.com website.